Cancellation and Refunds Policy
The laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and the State/Territory of your enrolment govern this refund policy.
If KPS & Associates (KPS) cancels the course at any stage during the period of enrolment (prior to the beginning of the course), a refund will be provided based on the following:
Should a course be cancelled or discontinued by KPS or become unavailable for delivery or assessment by KPS, learners will be entitled to receive a full refund or transfer to another KPS course. In this instance, should the student desire to take an alternative course offered by KPS, the fees paid will be fully transferrable to that course. Where a learner opts to transfer to another course the options as detailed in the Cancellations and Transfers Table will apply. In the event of a course for which the student has sought enrolment being unavailable or no acceptable alternative course is available, all fees paid are fully refundable. KPS will endeavour to notify learners 14 days prior to the scheduled commencement date of any cancellation. KPS will NOT be responsible for any other costs incurred through cancellation or postponement.
Cancellation and refund policy
Please refer to the “Cancellation and Refund Policy” policy located in Student Handbook for a full explanation of our Refunds policy and refer below.
All Refunds made by KPS will incur an administration fee of $100 with any refunds to be sent in the form of a company cheque. Our Refunds policy is subject to the following conditions:
Request to cancel / withdraw / transfer – face to face learners
NOTE: KPS is required to give 14 days’ notice to venues for any changes in numbers attending or for cancellation of a course, therefore all learners must provide 15 days’ notice prior to course commencement of intention to cancel or transfer course attendance as shown below.
- Failure to give notice of cancellation, withdrawal or transfer (7 days or less prior to course commencement) – No refund available – transfer to another course will be offered.
- Failure to give notice of cancellation, withdrawal or transfer (15 days or less prior to course commencement) – $100 enrolment administration fee will be charged to cancel / withdraw. Balance of deposit will be reimbursed in full.
- Provides required notice of desire to cancel course (15 days or more prior to course commencement) – Deposit will be reimbursed in full.
Request to cancel / withdraw / transfer – self-paced learners
NOTE: for self-paced learners commencement is established once enrolled by KPS.
- Request to cancel course pre-commencement – Deposit will be reimbursed in full.
- Request to cancel course post-commencement – No refund is available after 7 days of enrolling.
- Request to upgrade to face to face delivery mode – Difference in course fees payable by learner if applicable.
- Request to change to lower or higher level qualification – $100 administration fee will be charged to transfer plus any difference in fees payable or refundable.
*Individual cases of extenuating circumstances will be considered on a case by case basis. Extenuating circumstances may include but not be limited to:
- Sickness or death in an immediate family;
- Individual medical circumstance.
NOTE: A medical certificate or other equivalent documentation must be provided as evidence.
You will need to apply for a refund in writing and the refund will be sent in the form of a Company cheque. This cheque will be addressed to the name and address listed on the online enrolment.
Where students have been asked to leave the classroom and not re-join for behavioural reasons the above refund policy will also apply.
Claiming a refund
The student must provide their notice of withdrawal or cancellation in a signed and dated written letter. The claim for a refund must include a reason and must include supporting official documentation of the student’s circumstances for withdrawal/cancellation plus a contact name and telephone number to enable KPS to validate this claim.
Date of Cancellation / Withdrawal is the date the written request is received by KPS Administration staff.
A student should apply for a refund as soon as possible after notice of cancellation / withdrawal is submitted.
All refunds will be paid as soon as possible and no later than 5 working days from an approved cancellation / withdrawal notification only if the supporting documentation has been validated during this timeframe.